Lees dit bericht in het
Join us these 21 days the following ways:
1) Daily New Devotional on our website and via email, register with the form below this page
2) Tuesday Zoom Prayer meeting 20:15 via Zoom
3) Wednesday 21 Days meeting in CC Hilversum at 20:00. Register at https://www.celebrationchurch.nl/events
4) 3 guides that you can download for fasting, praying and for cKids.
Consult your physician or doctor if you need to, or if you have health concerns. If your health or personal condition does not allow you to fast food or meals, determine an alternative that will work best for you. Such circumstances may include pregnancy, a physically demanding profession, and medical conditions.
21 Days of Prayer and Fasting
Watch a message on fasting here.
Watch the video We’re starting with the 21 days of prayer today! Did you prepare well? On the website you’ll find resources to help you! Everyday you will find a e-mail in your inbox with the devotional of the day. On the website of Celebration Church you’ll find resources to help you go deeper in…
WATCH VIDEO HERE Sometimes it can happen that you’ve been praying for a miracle. But just when it seems that it’s never going to happen, God can surprise you! Then Jesus tells us in Matthew 17:20 ESVHe said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain…
Ways to fast
Find your way of fasting here.
If you’re wondering, “Where did the Daniel Fast originate?” That’s a great question. The Daniel Fast was first observed by the prophet Daniel in the Bible. On one occasion, Daniel was greatly concerned for his people and sought the Lord’s wisdom during a time of prayer and fasting.
Daniel 10:2-3 says, “At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips.” The meaning of “choice food” is not clear; however, most commentaries conclude that he ate no bread or sweets. The Message translation sums up Daniel’s eating habits during that time: “I ate only plain and simple food.”
The idea behind the Daniel Fast is not to duplicate Daniel’s menu but to imitate his spiritual hunger. Daniel’s passion for the Lord caused him to seek spiritual food rather than physical food, which should be the desire for anyone doing the Daniel Fast.
What do I eat on the Daniel Fast?
Foods You May Eat
- Whole Grains: Brown Rice, Oats, Barley, Whole Grain Breads, Grits
- Legumes: Dried Beans, Pinto Beans, Split Peas, Lentils, Black Eyed Peas, Soybeans
- ALL Fruits: i.e. Apples, Apricots, Bananas, Blackberries, Blueberries, Boysenberries, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Cranberries, Oats, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Guava, Honeydew Melon, Kiwi, Lemons, Limes, Mangoes, Nectarines, Papayas, Peaches, Pears, Pineapples, Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Raspberries, Strawberries, Tangelos, Tangerines, Watermelon
- ALL Vegetables: i.e. Artichokes, Asparagus, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chili Peppers, Corn, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Garlic, Ginger Root, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Okra, Onions, Parsley, Potatoes, Radishes, Rutabagas, Scallions, Spinach, Sprouts, Squashes, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Turnips, Watercress, Yams, Zucchini, Herbs, Spices, Olives (Olive Oil), veggie burgers are an option if you are not allergic to soy.
- Nuts & Seeds
- Liquids: Spring Water, Distilled Water, 100% Natural Fruit Juices, 100% Natural Vegetable Juices, Protein Drinks, Decaffeinated Beverages in moderation
- Sweeteners: Honey, Stevia & other Natural Sweeteners
Foods To Avoid
- All Dairy Products
- White Rice
- Fried Foods
- Carbonated Beverages
- Foods Containing Preservatives or Additives, Refined Sugar, or Sugar Substitutes
- White Flour and All Products Using It
- Margarine, Butter, Shortening, and High Fat Products
- Desserts, Candy, etc.
A partial fast is usually from sun up to sun down—drinking juice and water and eating a light dinner at night.
Drink only liquids for a set period of days (please consult your physician before beginning a full fast.)
During the 21 days you can choose to fast from technology. This can mean fasting from using social media platforms, refrain from using Netflix or games.
You may not be able to fast for 21 days. Choose a 3-day or 7-day fast. This can be a Partial Fast, Full Fast, or Daniel Fast.
Sign up for the 21days maillist!
Want to share a testimony?
Lees dit bericht in het